Are you planning to get your guinea pig a home? Do you want to gift your pet something that will help the little critter grow up healthily? Finding the best guinea pig cage can be a bit difficult!
But if you take a look at the write-up, it will no longer be that much hard.
Because, here we will highlight the 10 best of them so that getting one for your pet can become an easy decision.
Our Top 3 Rated Guinea Pig Cage
|MidWest “Guinea Habitat”||Check price|
|Living World Deluxe Habitat||Check price|
|AmazonBasics Pet Habitat||Check price|
10best Guinea pig Cage detailed reviews
A house may not be a home without a guinea pig. But even if you get the pet home, where will you keep it? For this, ‘Guinea Habitat’ cage by MidWest can make an ideal choice.There will be living area coming in 8 square feet which is quite big enough to house about two guinea pigs at max. But make sure it’s two and not more than that.
Besides, the cage has been stated to be very long-lasting and leak proof as well. For its easy maintenance, the brand has designed it in such so you can remove the PVC line canvas bottom and wash it. Speaking more about the bottom, it will also be great for your pet’s sensitive feet through providing traction and protection. However, the bottom comes attached with Velcro straps. The only problem with this is: the pets can end up chewing on it. And that’s nothing to like about.
Moreover, you won’t be getting any divider panel with the cage, but if you want one, you can buy it separately. You can also find it for indoor and outdoor use. And since the cage has 14 inches long high sides, it is able to offer both convenient and secure access for the pets. Another great thing about the cage is its easy assembly. It won’t take a lot of time to set up.
However, you might also find some minor drawbacks regarding the cage. Some of the users have claimed it to wobble, thus it can be pretty flimsy. You might also consider the bottom a little short for bedding. Not just that, users have also advised to place the bottom on a solid surface for proper placement.
- Bigger area for accommodating two guinea pigs.
- Leakproof and long-lasting.
- Removable canvas bottom for easy maintenance.
- The bottom provides traction and protection.
- 14 inches high sides for convenient and secure access.
- Easy to assemble.
- The guinea pig might happen to chew the Velcro straps.
- The cage can wobble, so it can be flimsy.
- You might find the bottom short for bedding.
- Bottom is required to be kept on a solid surface.
It’s not only you who would only wish to live around deluxe. Your guinea pig might think the same. And for that little rodent, Deluxe Habitat by Living World can be the best option.This particular cage comes in X-large size so you can keep around two to three pets easily if they don’t have any problems living with each other.
Deluxe Habitat which is also called to be the hybrid cage features an upper wire frame and a bottom base made of plastic. With this, the brand assures a secure and well-ventilated accommodation for your rodents. The best part is that the cage does not require tools to assemble it. You will just need some minutes to get the job done. And to add more, the unit includes a balcony that is partially enclosed. It can be a favorite zone for your pet to sleep, play and rest. You will also find a place on the top of the balcony that lets you keep the food and water easily.
You will also get a hideaway space beneath the balcony floor so that your rodent can get a secure and quiet place to hide itself. Besides, the unit also comes with a hay guard and a water bottle which you will find outside the cage. This is one of the smartest designs of the cage as it helps allow easy maintenance and save interior space as well.
However, there are also some issues found with the cage. One is the water bottle provided by the brand. It has been stated to be absolute garbage since it tends to leak continuously. Another problem is with the side door. People have griped about it to be very hard to open. Don’t forget to check out our full Living World Guinea Pig Cage Review. This will help you get more information about this cage.
- Big area for housing about three guinea pigs.
- Well-built and durable.
- Assures a secure and well-ventilated zone.
- Does not require tool to assemble.
- Includes a balcony floor to sleep, rest and play.
- Hay guard and a water bottle have been placed outside the cage for saving space and allowing easy maintenance.
- The water bottle tends to leak constantly.
- The side door is extremely difficult to open.
“If it leaks, we won’t hesitate to provide a new one”- this is how Petsfit can win your heart if you get this best guinea pig cage for your pet.Not only they have given this assurance, but also they have worked on it.
This cage is stated to be taller than its older version and the brand claims that you won’t face any problem with this new one.The cage has been treated with water-based paint and the frame has been made up of soft wood. So if your guinea pig is a chewer, you might want to step back to go for it. Otherwise, it’s still a great cage to have.
Hydraulic arm can be a pain to assemble but you will love the result. There is pull-out tray that makes it easy to clean. You might find it a little tough to slide in and out. But before you pull the tray out, make sure you lock your pet in the hutch zone. Because, pulling that out will leave an empty bottom which can make your pet fall through. And since the hutch will have a solid floor, your pet can easily play around there.
However, the cage is big enough to house about three guinea pigs easily. You will love the design since it looks very simple yet classy. And not only that,you will also find it very easy to assemble, it will just take some minutes.
- Brand will provide new cage if it leaks out.
- Able to house three guinea pigs
- Easy to assemble.
- Made up of softwood, so it’s light in weight.
- Pull out tray, thus cleanup is easier.
- Classy and simple design.
- Hydraulic arm is tough to assemble.
- Soft wood is easy to get chewed by your pets.
- The tray can be a little tough to slide in and out.
Keeping your furry friend comfortable has now become possible for this amazing Pet Habitat by Amazon basics.Although the cage looks like any other regular cage but this simplicity and durability is the reason why people love it.
There is a big top and front openings so your pet can access to them easily and play around. The frame has been constructed with iron wire while the base has been made up of plastic. However, some people have been seen mentioned about the frame to be pretty wobbly. But that’s manageable. Moreover, the cage is stated to be Jumbo in size, but still, you won’t be able to keep more than two pets over there. This can be little disappointing.
However, you will find a balcony and below it has a hideaway space so your pets can get to curl up and stay comfortably. As for the balcony, you can keep some food there as well for your tiny friend. The cage includes non-drip water bottle and the best part is that you won’t experience any dripping with this bottle. There is a hay rack which fits outside the cage securely and leaves a big space inside it.
As for cleaning the cage, it’s easy except for the back corner below the second level. However, the Jumbo size can also cause a little hassle since it’s bulky in size. It can eat a huge space in your house and also can be hard to transport.
- Able to accommodate two guinea pigs.
- Big top and front openings for easy access.
- The bottom is solid, thus cleanup is easier.
- Balcony to keep the food dish.
- Hideaway space for curling up and playing around.
- Non-drip water bottle is moderately big enough to prevent drippings.
- Hay rack has been fitted outside the cage to save interior space.
- The back corner is hard to clean up.
- Bulky in size so it will eat a huge space and also will be hard to transport.
- The bars might tend to wobble.
Deluxe Critter Nation by Midwest also knows how to impress you with its construction and appearance.This best guinea pig cage is a little different than the others as it has a stand with four wheels that you can lock to stop swiveling and unlock to use for transporting.
The unit will also give you pans but you might find it shallow. And it becomes easy for your pet friend to make messes as it goes onto the floors. However, if you are willing to do extra work in cleaning the cage and the pan, then it will no more be a problem.You will also find a ramp with cover. It has been designed especially for your critter’s safety so that they can feel the utmost comfort.Critter Nation has been designed with full-width double doors on it and there is a detachable shelf for you to get the easiest accessibility. Not only you can clean the cage easily but also feed your little critter easily.
Below the base has also a shelf that you can adjust easily. You can also use it to store foods and other essentials for the pets. Now let’s highlight the issues. Some users have found it to be very hard in transporting it. So, you might also find it heavy to face the same. Another problem is with the assembly. You cannot set it up alone.
Although it gets all the plus points for its construction but some users have griped about the doors getting bent. This can be a minor problem as well. However, if you happen to have two guinea pigs, you can think of getting it for them. We are sure, they will get happy.
- Comes with a stand and four locking wheels for easy transportation.
- Big enough to accommodate two guinea pigs.
- Comes with adjustable and removable shelf.
- Double doors for easy accessibility.
- Ramp with cover for extra comfort and security.
- Shallow pans make it easy for critters to make messes.
- Doors might come out bent.
- Very tough to assemble, hence setup requires two people.
- Very heavy so it is difficult to drag for transportation.
Not all the brands offer cage with chew-proof guarantee. But with this Complete Guinea Pig Kit by Kaytee, the experience will be different.This unit is their best guinea pig cage as your little friends will feel safe and secure there for having chew-proof wire and latches.
The look is simple though, but it is huge enough to house two guinea pigs. But make sure they aren’t dwarf because their small size will let them get out of the bars easily. Otherwise, it’s great for your fat pigs. Besides, the deep base is another plus point of the cage. Not only it is easy to clean but also easy to slide in and slide out.You won’t need any tool to assemble the whole unit. So, in some sense, setting it up will be easy.
Moreover, the brand will provide other essential items as well such as water bottle, food dish and sample bedding. You will also get a sample of the pet’s food with the cage. However, you might also wish to have hay feeder with the other items but they didn’t include one.
Besides, some users have also complained about the food and bedding to be cheap while positive reviews were seen regarding bottle and the cage itself. Another problem with the cage is the door as it can be felt troublesome to open it. please check out our full Kaytee Complete Guinea Pig Kit Cage Review. This will assist you to find out more about this cage.
- Chew-proof wire and latches for safety and security.
- Enough large to house two guinea pigs.
- Deep base for easy cleanup and maintenance.
- Base is easy to slide in and slide out.
- Easy to assemble so no tools required.
- Comes with high-quality water bottle.
- Solid construction.
- Might not be ideal for dwarf pet.
- The bedding and food are cheap.
- The cage is tough to open.